Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Topsy Turvy

With Hilary staging big comebacks last night in Texas and Ohio (and I fully admit I got that wrong) the waters are certainly muddied. The more I look at it the more confused I get. I, like so many Democrats, so want to win next fall, and I like both of them so much. I think she deserves to be president--I don't know how else to put it. I think he should be president. I think a woman would make the greatest possible change. I think a black man named Obama would make the best change for right now. Image *is* important. I think she's more qualified. I think he's more inspiring. I think he preaches hope while she preaches fear. I think we are a more sexist nation than we are a racist nation. I think he's a peacemaker. I think she's a fighter.

I fear that if we keep tearing each other apart, and that if she continues to go negative, she will hand the presidency to John McCain. Remember 1980.

To me the biggest issue is the way she polls with independents and republicans as opposed to Obama. I agree with Obama that a lot of his people won't support her. If she gets the nomination they'll either stay home or jump ship to Nader. But, as I've noted earlier, there are a lot of republicans and independents who support Obama, who think he represents real change, a move away from partisan politics, a candidate for all Americans. I know a lot of Republicans who would cross party lines to vote for him. So far, the only Republican who said she'd support Hilary is Ann Coulter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home