Sunday, March 02, 2008

I want to meet Diablo Cody

In fact, I want to do more than that. On her myspace page, Diablo--a modern grrrl in every sense of the word, lists "fornication" among her interests. Funny: me too! She and I should definitely get together! :)

My mom wanted me to write about the Oscars. I'm not really going to do that. I'm going to write about the oscar coverage. My students had to bring copies of the Times, the Post, and the Daily News to class on Monday/Tuesday, which gave us a chance to compare the oscar coverage in each paper. As expected, the Times just reported the facts realtively straight up (though some of us had the late edition, which had gone to press before the Best Picture was announced, and some had the final edition, which had all the winners). The Daily News hoisted the patriotic flag, calling it a "foreign invasion" because all of the acting winners were from Europe. Ah! But the Post!

It's all about scandal and sex in the Post, it never fails. The Post concentrated on Diablo Cody's win for best screenplay for writing the script to Juno. The headline was "You go-go Girl!" They concentrated on her former career as a stripper and her blog, "Pussy Ranch." They commented on her (totally hot!) sheer dress and her (totally hot!) tatoo. They had eight paragraphs on Diablo before they got to the rest of the awards. And, to top that off, they showed a picture of her that looked like she was blowing her Oscar. The whole store and picture are here.

You can always count on the Post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home