Thursday, January 15, 2009

A busy day in DC

I was watching Arlen Specter grill Eric Holder on C-Span just now. He was being pretty dogged in his attacks. I think there is something to this Frank Rich pardon problem. Probably not enough to derail his nomination, but it gives me pause.

I flipped over onto the Senate feed just in time to see Dick Cheney give Roland Burris his oath of office and swear him in as U.S. Senator. He received a standing ovation. If it is true that the complaints over his appointment were never about him personally, then I think it was appropriate. Of course, it might mean that with him and Franken the democrats will have a filibuster proof super-majority. That is cause for celebration in the halls of power, I'm sure.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home