Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pride week is coming up fast

And I am proud of my home state. I say my home state because even though I was born in Oregon I grew up in California (I often tell people I'm from the state of Jefferson). I'm proud because the state supreme court did *not* knuckle under to political presure from conservative christians and recognized that the state's constitution, which has long been more protective of individula right than the federal constitution, does indeed protect the rights of same sex couples to mary. Sure, the christians are trying to float a constitutional amendment for November (making me wich I were still registered to vote in Cali), but right now California has stepped up to prove that it truly is the free-est state in the union!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/05/15/BAGAVNC5K.DTL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home