Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cowboys Pain

Let's face it: I don't have a lot of love for the cowboys. I don't hate them like my rabid Redskins fan girlfriend, but I lived in San Francisco in the 80s and 90s and was a Niners fan, then I moved from there to New York and became a Giants fan, so I've had a rivalry with the cowboys for awhile. And my Giants beat them Cowboys handily, so I've got a message for Wade Phillips. Shut up.

Even when my team has lost (and the worst loss I ever felt, amusingly, was when my Niners lost to my Giants in the NFC championship game), I recognized a simple rule. The best team always wins. This bull about "the best team lost today" coming out of Phillips is just that: bull. The best team never looses. If they were the best team they would win. Period. It's like my dad always says about potential: "I don't believe in potential. Anybody who has potential and doesn't realize it doesn't have potential."

Wade Philips has the most wins of any coach not to win a playoff game. That's good. Wade Philips doesn't deserve to win a playoff game, not since he didn't start Doug Flutie in the playoffs in Buffalo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home