Monday, July 17, 2006

Bushisms I can live with

I don't know about you, but I am kind of heartened by having a president who says things like "They've got to get Hezbolah to stop this shit." I'm a New Yorker. I like a man who swears once in awhile. It shows conviction.

I know I said I'd never mention Anne Coulter on this blog again, but here goes (it's not even a vtriolic rant): I paused on Fox while flipping the othr day and I saw Anne talking about Joe Lieberman. She said he was her favorite Democrat and then had to qualify that with "he's still a liberal." Bullshit. I'm a liberal. Ted Kenedy is a liberal. Joe Lieberman is *not* a liberal. Neither is Hilary (though she's paying some lip service to us in the run up to 2008). Get it straight, Ms. Coulter: a liberal isn't anybody who is to the left of *you.* By that measure Barry Goldwater was a libeal.

Please God send us some pitching. Cain left in the 6th last night with a one run lead agaisnt the Phils, and every giant reliever gave up a run. We lost 6-2. grrrr. We've got the starters but we need a bullpen, and Sabean is shopping for a right handed bat. A right handed bat won't help if the bullpen is giving up five runs.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree about the Pres. and welcome back to blogging.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to laugh about the post-modern commercialization of every-space. At least I did, when I saw that "Ads by Google" featured two adds for 'Ann Coulter-related' items at the top of your blog (because, I guess, the software 'read' her name in the text. Delicious-- the irony of using you to hawk Ann Coulter. Hah!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

laughs - I had wondered if you'd blog about this!

teehee - i definately thought of you when i read about it.

I liked the little bit when he was talking with Putin about how big his country was!

brat

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home