Sunday, March 05, 2006

OSCAR

So the Oscars are tonight. They start in about an hour and 45 minutes. I'm already watching the red carpet shows. Everybody makes Oscar predictions. Here's mine:

Matt Dillion will win best supproting actor and make a joke referencing "In and Out." Like "I was really inspired by Truman Capote. And he's gay."

That's it.

Oh, you already know I think Philip Seymore Hoffman deserves the Oscar, and it looks so far like everybody else agrees with me.

I know I said "Brokeback Mountain" will win, but my students, who don't care a bit about politics, terrorists, gay cowboys or gay journalists, are united that "Crash" is not only the best film from last year but the best film they ever seen period. And it's got momentum. And it would please the conservatives a bit. I think it's got a real shot.

But I'm alone. No Oscar parties this year. Not even a game of strip Oscar. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home