Thursday, March 26, 2009

Not bad so far

Well, my bracket wasn't busted. I think I had four losses in the first round, two more in the second, but nobody that I had going any deeper. Yes, I know, I said that you'd be crazy not to take Binghamton and the points, and that was a stupid thing to say. I didn't take into account that they'd be facing a Duke team that hadn't played since being embarrassed by their cross town rival, and that they would be mad and hungry and prepared to lay a beat down on Binghamton as if they had caught the hall monitor on the way home from school. That's ok: American evened that one out, and then Michigan came through for me. I have never gone wrong betting against Clemson. It was a lesson I first learned when they lost the NIT final to Cal ten years ago. That was at least half way a fan's bet, emotional, hopeful. But it also won, and since then I've found that Clemson is a rainmaker. Bet against them and you almost never lose. I don't know when the last time they covered the spread was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home