Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sox and Rox

Of course I'm rooting for the Rockies in the world series. I live in New York. How could I possibly root for the Sox? Besides, the Rockies are a much better story. A week ago I would have said the Rockies were destined, but after the way the Sox woke up and pummeled the Indians I just don't know.

But there is one New Yorker who is rooting for the Red Sox. This morning Daily News had a smiling Rudy Guiliani on the cover over the headline "Traitor!" responding to his announcement that he was backing the Sox. Inside they called him "The Yankee Flipper." The Post's cover was "Red Coat," with a picture of Rudy (I assume photoshopped) in a Redsox jersey holding a sign that read "Go Sox." The News headline asked "Come on, Rudy, How can you root for Red Sox in series?" I can answer that (I'm sure they did too, but I didn't bother to actually red the story). It's easy. He's trying to move up in the New Hampshire Primary. He knows that the BoSox are the team of all New England, not just Boston, so by backing the Sox he's trying to win votes. Thus proving once again that all politicians are whores (and so are the tabloids).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home